More IT insight: http://www.businesscomputingworld.co.uk
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/efXW4g
Like me on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/uoaF6q
Workplace On Command, from Steria, is a centrally-managed aggregated services offering which provides users with easy and secure access to enterprise applications, data and cloud services, regardless of location and access device.
Workplace On Command allows organisations to create a bespoke environment, combining infrastructure and services, which is fully supported by Steria and Microsoft. This allows cost-effective access to the enterprise workplace from any device, at any time in any place.
As smartphones and tablets increase their hold on the consumer market, an increasing number of employees want to use personal mobile devices for work purposes, and this makes the balance of security and mobility a key issue for organisations. As a fully integrated set of services, Workplace On Command offers a unique solution to the challenges posed by the rapid evolution of technology, squeezed budgets and the consumerisation of IT.
Compatible with devices running Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, and BlackBerry OS, Workplace On Command benefits from a combination of Microsoft technology to support the multi tenancy architecture with the next version of Windows Server 2008 R2, and System Center 2012, enabling users to customise the enterprise desktop ‘on command’. It also takes advantage of Citrix technology to virtualise desktops and applications to users wherever they are located, allowing organisations to manage requests through its best-of-breed portal: ‘Steria Workstore’, which is built on Cisco’s Cloud Portal platform.
This unique enterprise app store allows users to access their profile and services, subscribe to new services and review monthly consumption to control costs. Microsoft Office products included are: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Project, Visio, Publisher and Office 365. But, as each profile is pre-determined by the enterprise and programmed centrally, the solution requires minimal ongoing management but offers maximum flexibility. Should users require additional services outside, they can search for them and request access.
Workplace on Command delivers multiple benefits including:
• User satisfaction — meet end user expectations for a modern, rapid, flexible and easy-to-use enterprise workplace
• Improving productivity — provisioning resources according to employees’ individual business and communications needs means they can work more effectively while enjoying a personalised user experience
• Minimising risk — centrally storing and managing data in the cloud means that a lost or stolen device can be immediately wiped or blacklisted remotely so it loses the ability to connect to the desktop, without damaging any information, making it easier for organisations to meet increasingly strict regulatory compliance
• Transforming infrastructure — simplifying and streamlining the existing workplace and provisioning new services and systems allows businesses to access and deploy the latest technologies in a way that best suits them
• Reducing costs — cloud-hosting and central management reduces outgoings across the business from real estate and facilities, energy consumption, operational management, to technology refresh programmes. In addition, the ‘pay per use’ structure maximises return on investment by ensuring customers only pay for what they use
Duration : 0:9:4
Continue reading Steria & Microsoft Workplace On Command Overview