SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL GATEWAY (SFIG) is located at Richmond, California, directly across the San Francisco Bay from the Golden Gate Bridge and about 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco or 45 minutes from ABS-CBN’s Redwood City office.
The facility is a complex composed of modular buildings and technical equipment shelters adjacent to satellite earth antennas on a 2.5 acre parcel of land.
The SFIG technical facility consists of 19 satellite earth station antennas, of various sizes from 13.0 meters to 2.4 meters in diameter to serve both C and Ku band satellite’s uplink and downlink requirements.
There are a total of 9 modular equipment buildings which house equipment rooms, a monitoring center, administrative offices and a maintenance shop. The technical facility has back-up power from two diesel generators and all mission critical equipment is powered from one of three uninterruptible power supplies.
The operations at SFIG are covered on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week , 365 days a year basis with 7 staff members trained for operations and/or maintenance work.
SFIG provides teleport services such as:
1. Third party antenna and equipment collocation;
2. Adhoc or occasional use services for uplink and downlink of video/audio programs;
3. Full-time DTH platform lease; and
4. Full-time transmission of video, telephony, IP and data circuits to satellites operated by Intelsat, New Skies, SES America, SatMex, TeleSat and other satellite operators.
5. Bundled telecommunications services leveraging ABS-CBN’s telecom capability with SFIG’s connectivity to Pacific Island locations;
6. Classic teleport services uplinking and downlinking signals for third party customers with ownership of satellite capacity;
7. IPTV distribution; and
8. Asset sales.
Duration : 0:3:52
Continue reading San Francisco International Gateway (An ABS-CBN Company) – Teleport Services