Office 2016 Deployment Tool with control

Office 365 ProPlus provides the rights for licensed users to install the application onto up to five devices. These installs could be on a mobile device including Android or iOS or PC or Mac, and the users can install these applications without restriction. In some cases you may not want the users to be able to install some or all of these applications. The Office Suite includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, and Publisher.
Depending on the Office ProPlus or the Office 365 SKU, other applications may also be available. Always check the current offerings prior to writing the exam or deploying into a production environment. The Office 365 installation requirements are as follows. The user must have local administrative rights to be able to install the application. A minimum of one gig of RAM is required, but two gigabytes is recommended. At least three gigabytes of hard disk will be required, and please note that 32 and 64 bit installations are not supported at the same time, meaning you cannot install PowerPoint 32-bit and PowerPoint 64-bit on the same system.
The 32-bit version of Office 2013 can be run on Windows 7 through Windows 10 on either 32 or 64-bit operating system. It can be run on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2. The 64-bit version of Office 2013 can run on Windows 7 to Windows 10 64-bit, on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2.
One way to remember this is 64-bit Office will only run on 64-bit operating systems. Server 2008 could be 32 or 64-bit, whereas Server 2008 R2 was only 64-bit. In some cases you may not want the users to install the Office applications. You can restrict the users from installing the Office suite using one of two methods. You can use the Office Deployment Tool to restrict application installation from Office 2013 and Office 2016, or you can restrict access using the Office 365 admin portal within the Services and add-ins tab, and under Software download settings.
When using the Office 365 admin portal, restricting the Office installation applies not only to the entire organization, but to all applications as well. Not only can you restrict all of the Office 365 applications but you can also restrict 2013 and/or 2016 versions for the PC, the 2013 or the 2011 versions for Mac, you can restrict Lync or Skype standalone editions, you can also restrict InfoPath 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013, and from the admin portal you can also manage the updates for Office 2016.
From within the admin portal I’m gonna click on Services and add-ons and then Software download settings. You’ll notice here I can now choose which applications the users cannot install. I have already mentioned when using the Office 365 admin portal, turning off means turning off the application installation for all products within that suite. If I wanted to block installation of the entire Office 2016 suite, I would do so here, I would turn off the button.

I may just want to block Office and leave Skype alone. Also within this portal I can set up how often users get updates for the Office 2016 apps. I can choose every month or every four months. Controlling updates for Office 2016 will be discussed in another video. We can also turn off Office 2013 including SharePoint Designer and Skype for Business. We also have similar options for the Mac, including turning off Office for Mac in the 2016 version and turning off Office 2011.
The other way to restrict the applications from being installed by the users is to use the Office Deployment Tool. The Office Deployment Tool uses a copy of Office that has been downloaded from the Microsoft Office servers via a configuration file and deploys the application from a network share. The configuration tool is also used to exclude applications from being installed on the user’s device. The executable and the corresponding configuration file must be run from the user’s device and the click-to-run installation must be on an accessible network shared drive.
Once downloaded, the Office Deployment Tool works by downloading the Office installer from the Microsoft servers and copies it to a network share that you specify. Next, we use the configuration mode of the tool on the client’s system. In the configuration file, the applications that are to be excluded are listed. Finally, the applications that are allowed to be installed on the client’s system are installed. In this example, Office 2013, the 32-bit edition will be installed from the file share FS1.
The English language pack will also be installed. InfoPath will be excluded from the installation, and so will Groove. The Office Deployment Tool will be discussed in greater detail shortly.
We use the Office 2016 Installation using SCCM or manual with install executable with configuration file
ie.. setup.exe /configure configuration.xml
Configuration setting:
<Configuration>
<Add SourcePath=”” OfficeClientEdition=”32″ >
<Product ID=”O365ProPlusRetail”>
<Language ID=”en-us” />
</Product>
</Add>
  <Updates Enabled=”TRUE” UpdatePath=”” />
<Display Level=”None” AcceptEULA=”TRUE” />
  <Logging Level=”Standard” Path=”%temp%” />
  <Property Name=”AUTOACTIVATE” Value=”1″ />
</Configuration>
Great product SCCM perfect way to deploy software and updates.
Microsoft Office 2010
Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /home1/mylifeco/public_html/pricecutterstore.com/admin/models/api/affiliate_window.class.php on line 129

Technorati Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *