Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium is an all-in-one server solution designed to help you keep your data more secure and your company more productive. It provides many of the features used by larger companies, such as e-mail, Internet connectivity, internal Web sites, remote access, support for mobile devices, file and printer sharing, backup, and restore–all at one affordable price. The User CAL Suite 5-pack provides five additional SBS 2008 User CALs for accessing a SBS network
Windows Small Business Server 2008 CAL Suite for Premium Users 5-pack
Five additional SBS 2008 CALs for those users accessing Premium Edition. Requires Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 offers a Standard Edition and a Premium Edition. Their licensing models are similar in that they consist of a server license and incremental Client Access Licenses (CALs). You purchase CALs–SBS 2008 CAL Suite or SBS 2008 CAL Suite for Premium Users or Devices–for each user or device that is accessing the SBS network.
Microsoft offers several flexible licensing options to allow for complete scalability of your cost in relation to your usage, including various CAL quantities to suit your specific needs as well as the ability to purchase SBS 2008 CAL Suite for Premium Users or Devices for only those users or devices accessing the “premium” features.
What are the differences between user CALs and device CALs? Why are both types offered?
A user CAL permits one user (using any device) to access the server software. A device CAL permits one device (used by any user) to access the server software. Both types are offered to allow customers cost-effective licensing options. For example, per-user CALs are most effective when an employee uses several devices to access the server, such as a work computer and a home computer. Per-device CALs are most effective when several employees use the same device to access the server, such as rotating shifts in a call center.
Have virtually anytime, anywhere access to your business desktop, including e-mail, files, business applications, and more. Click to enlarge.
Use antivirus and anti-spam protection to help protect your information from malicious attacks, viruses, and spam. Click to enlarge.
Improve your day-to-day efficiency by using a central repository for storing and sharing information. Click to enlarge.
The Premium edition includes Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard for Small Business, a complete data management and business intelligence platform, providing best-in-class ease of use and manageability for running departmental applications. Click to enlarge.
Protect Your Data. Stay Connected. Save Time and Money.
Affordable, Integrated Solution
Windows Small Business Server 2008 is designed for small businesses. It is designed to work with existing technology, build on Microsoft best practices, and deliver a comprehensive network at an affordable price.
- Have virtually anytime, anywhere access to your business desktop, including e-mail, files, business applications, and more.
- Share resources and equipment, such as Internet access, printers, and fax machines, to get the most value from your technology investments.
- Enjoy compatibility and scalability. As your business needs change, Windows Small Business Server 2008 can change with you–easily add users, servers, and applications, or expand into other Microsoft technologies.
- Work more efficiently and add more value to your business with an integrated administrative console.
- Work confidently with a top performing network based on Windows Server 2008 technologies.
Protect Your Business Data
Windows Small Business Server 2008 helps protect your vital business information from loss, by backing up the data on your network and helping enable you to recover accidentally deleted files.
- Use antivirus and anti-spam protection to help protect your information from malicious attacks, viruses, and spam.
- Keep your computers and servers current and your network healthy and up to date with the latest updates.
- Get better control over your business and business information with daily and weekly reports alerting you on the health and security of your technology. A single administrative console gives you or your IT consultant a daily view of PCs and servers and makes it easier to manage common IT tasks.
- Get an at-a-glance snapshot of the security and health of your PCs and servers from a ‘green check’ report.
Grow Your Business Capacity
Windows Small Business Server 2008 gives you highly secure access to business contacts, calendars, e-mail, files, and other important desktop resources from any Internet-connected computer, virtually anywhere at any time, so you can be productive while you’re away from the office or on the road.
- Improve your day-to-day efficiency by using a central repository for storing and sharing information.
- Connect with customers, vendors, and suppliers easily and professionally, with access to contacts, appointments, and files from any Internet-connected computer or a Windows Mobile-powered smartphone, so you can be responsive even when you are away from the office.
- Create a bigger business presence with online marketing tools from Microsoft Office Live Services Small Business, so you can differentiate your business and present a more professional image to your customers.
Wish that there were more hours in the day?
SBS 2008 helps your company become more efficient and flexible so you can work smarter, not harder.
Worry that your business information is not secure?
SBS 2008 helps keep your vital business data secure with antispam, antivirus, and state-of-the-art security technology.
Need to work while you are out of the office?
SBS 2008 gives you the tools to connect with customers and be responsive no matter where you are.
With limited time and resources to get the job done, SBS 2008 can simplify your daily activities while saving you time and money. For greater business capacity and a new competitive edge, the time for SBS 2008 is now.
Windows Small Business Server Technologies
Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 incorporates best-of-breed product technologies to deliver a fully integrated environment that helps small businesses protect business data, increase productivity, and present a more professional image to customers. Windows Small Business Server 2008 combines several server technologies under one Microsoft license. The product technologies include:
Strong IT Foundation:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 product technologies provide the core foundation of Windows Small Business Server 2008. Windows Server 2008 is the most flexible and robust Windows server operating system to date.
Messaging and Collaboration:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 product technologies introduce advanced e-mail and calendar functionality to Windows Small Business Server 2008. Exchange Server 2007 delivers a seamless end-user collaboration experience and unparalleled security features. For more information, visit the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Web site.
Collaboration and Productivity:
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is a versatile technology that organizations and business units of all sizes can use to increase the efficiency of business processes and improve team productivity. Share internal documents, coordinate calendars, manage issues, and participate in discussions while you’re on the road. Windows SharePoint Services gives people access to information they need.
Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server1 (Forefront) helps protect e-mail from viruses, worms, and spam. Forefront incorporates multiple antivirus engines for layered protection against the latest e-mail-based threats.
Network Updates and Protection:
Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) enables deployment of the latest Microsoft product updates to computers running the Windows operating system. It offers automatic system checks for new software updates and makes it easier for you or your IT consultant to monitor and distribute updates.
Microsoft Windows Live OneCare for Server1, 2 (OneCare) helps protect, maintain, and manage your server. Working quietly in the background on your computer, OneCare helps protect against viruses, spyware, hackers, and other unwanted intruders.
Take Business Online:
SBS 2008 integrates with Office Live Small Business2 to provide everything needed to take, promote, and manage a business on the Internet. Customers can create a professional Web presence without the hassle or expense of setting up a complicated infrastructure or hiring technical staff to maintain it.
Based on based practices, Premium includes software to run on asecond server that is dedicated to supporting a vast number of line-of-business applications A comprehensive data management and analysis solution that makes itpossible to use many server-based business applications, such as accounting, business planning, and contact management software, which share a centralized database so that all employees can work from the same information.
Top Ten Reasons To Use Windows Small Business Server 2008
Windows Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 2008) is an integrated server solution that helps you protect your business data, increase productivity, and present a more professional image to customers. Windows Small Business Server 2008 delivers enterprise-class technologies for data backup and restore, e-mail, remote access, file and printer sharing, internal Web sites, and support for mobile devices–in one fully integrated solution.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 comes in two editions: Standard and Premium. Review the different technologies included in each edition with your IT partner and determine which version makes the most sense for your business.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition becomes a second server solution. Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard Edition will run on one hardware server, and Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium Edition will run on two hardware servers, with the second server running Windows Server and SQL Server for line-of-business applications.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 will include individual Client Access Licenses (CALs) for Standard and Premium Editions versus a common CAL for both.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 will include the option to purchase a single CAL (in addition to 5/10/20 CAL Packs) in all channels.
All processor and memory limits will now match Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition.
- 120-day trial included in the product
- Office Live Small Business is available in the following languages (countries): English (Canada, U.K., U.S.); French (Canada, France); German (Germany); and Japanese (Japan).
- Windows Live OneCare for Server is available in the following markets (languages): Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Brazil (Portuguese), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Hong Kong (English), Ireland (English), India (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish)
- Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, and Russian.
- For the first year of availability, customers using applications that are not yet certified for use on SQL Server 2008, a copy of SQL Server 2005 Standard will also be included in SBS 2008 Premium. SQL server 2008 (or 2005) Standard can be installed on either server: If you install SQL on the first server then you must install the management tools on another machine.
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard is available as an alternative version in place of Windows Server 2008 Standard until December 31, 2009.
1. Get a comprehensive, all-in-one solution.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 takes the guesswork out of selecting software for your network. It brings together the Microsoft product technologies that businesses need most into a single solution. These technologies are integrated into one product, making it easy for you or your IT consultant to install and manage.
2. Stay connected to your customers, vendors, and suppliers.
With access to contacts, appointments, and files from any Internet-connected PC or mobile device, you can be responsive to customers, vendors, and suppliers even when you’re not in the office.
- Access the facts you need, in real time.
- Respond to customer inquiries more quickly and accurately.
- Stay connected while on the road with remote access capabilities from a Windows Mobile phone.
3. Protect your business and prevent data loss.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 helps protect your vital business information from loss by backing up the data on your network, and enabling you to recover accidentally deleted files. SBS 2008 also enables you to recover data on your network in the event of disaster. With easy-to-use interfaces, you or your IT consultant gain better control of your data, PCs, and network.
4. Access business information and resources from virtually anywhere at any time.
Be productive whether you’re out of the office, at home, or on the road. Windows Small Business Server 2008 gives you secure access to business contacts, calendars, e-mail, files, your desktop, and even shared resources from any Internetconnected PC, from virtually anywhere at any time.
5. Increase your business capacity.
Streamline business processes and improve day-to-day efficiency with Windows Small Business Server 2008. It helps automate daily processes by providing a central repository for storing and sharing information more easily–and helpssimplify communications with familiar Microsoft technologies.
6. Stay safe with antispam and antivirus protection.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 offers antispam and antivirus technologies to help protect your business information and your intellectual property from malicious attacks, viruses, and spam.
7. Keep your network healthy and up-to-date.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 provides you with the latest updates to minimize downtime and help ensure network health by keeping your PCs and servers current. Easy-to-read “green check” reports give you a quick view of Microsoft software updates, PC and server status, antivirus status, and backup progress.
8. Take advantage of powerful technologies designed and priced for small business.
Windows Small Business Server 2008 includes multiple technologies optimized specifically for small businesses–at an affordable price. It enables you to share resources and equipment, such as Internet access, printers, and fax machines, so you get the most value from your technology investment.
9. Get the flexibility and scalability you need.
As your business needs change, Windows Small Business Server 2008 enables you to grow. You can easily add users, servers, and applications. It supports your critical line-of-business applications and is designed to integrate with your existing Microsoft technology.
10. Create a bigger presence in the market.
Differentiate your business and present a more professional image to prospects and customers. Windows Small Business Server 2008 offers e-mail marketing capabilities, business Web sites, and tools for creating your own Web site.
Continue reading Windows Small Business Server Premium User CAL Suite 2008 English 5 Client AddPak